Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Suddenly Interested...

In my last blog i listed a few blogs i follow and love to just look over and over.

Two of my fave are:
OneGoodThingByJillee

Go and check them out I can almost guarantee You'll Be inspired to do something.

Anyhow I saw this blog about A DIY Ipad Holder that also doubles as a chalkboard.. and i Absolutely loved the idea since I read recipes of my Kindle Fire While listening to Pandora when I'm cooking..

Besides i tried doing crafts and they just didn't seem to fulfill me as my outlet from frustration.. Ive done earring holders. Was trying DIY Candles, and while the DIY cleaners and soaps were awesome i do such a big batch i don't do them often, and by been a stay at home mom i need an outlet ALMOST DAILY!!! 

And my husband doesn't necessarily approve of my MAC Makeup Shopping Obsession.. I mean Why spend $50 on a MAC Makeup Brush!!! That's Insane Right? Nope not to me..
I just repeat to him what he says to me when he wants to purchase New Power Tools..
"Your Only As GOOD as YOUR Tools.."

BAM!!!

LOL


SO when i told him what i wanted to work on next, he kinda just looked at me like "ugh" but i was so enthused i didn't hesitate to shove him into the desk chair and and show him on the computer MY future project with a "With or With Out your approval" attitude.. of course i did this in an honoring and submissive and respectful way.. (ok not really.. more like "please please pppplleeasssee would ya look at it.. PPPLLLLLEEEAAASSEEE.." more like a whiny baby)

so Here's my Finished Product.. In my Kitchen..



And in the permanent spot while not in use in the kitchen.... The Family Picture wall.

I tried erasing to make sure it actually worked.. I didn't scrub to hard (i was actually afraid the chalkboard might come off.. the chalk came off OK, the chalkboard stayed )





SO yeah.. I actually really enjoyed it.. I actually did an Ipad Holder first which you can tell by the picture WAS WAY TO BIG!!! LOL

 i ended up giving it away to someone who actually had an Ipad, then turned around and took new measurements and re did it for my Kindle Fire!!!

Okay so now I find myself Suddenly VERY interested in Power Tools.. which (not surprising at all) My husband supports 100%..

The actual link to this idea is here >>>> Shanty-2-Chic Ipad Display

Ill walk you through my journey...

As we pull up to the parking lot i see my husband get a little excited.. i look at him and ask
"whats with you?"
Him: "nothing..(silence for a few seconds)..this is my favorite store..sometimes i come here 4-5 times a day"
Me: i grin inside and know this is going to be interesting



When we get inside he just knows he's way around..
me on the other hand... everything just seems to start spinning.

Where to even start????
What do i get first??
The wood?
The stain?


uhm Tony?..

i look up and i guess he decided to lead.. he is on a mission...LOL

He didn't stop to ask what i wanted to get first.. He just assumed the role and i followed..
I didn't realized it but i guess i was holding my breath.. i let out a Huge sigh of relief.. i felt reassure that i wasn't just way over my head with this project.. i was going to have a Mentor through this.. LOL

At least One of us Knew what we were doing..


I followed him into the Lumber section.. and to be honest.. almost everything looked exactly alike..I read out the material list and he then began telling me what everything was and teaching me ..



And then Jr was all Full of questions also...
Lets just say after that it was more of Father-Son bonding
He kinda forgot it was my project..
By that i mean he no longer instructed me on what we were doing.. He just walked around explaining everything to Jr as we picked up all the materials on my list..

I smiled and though i would have rather have him explain it to me i just happy happily satisfied as i listened to him teach Jr a couple of things.
I just decided to make sure i paid attention also.





Even Little short stuff got in on the fun.. she had a lot of "opinions" on what should go in the shopping cart.


So a few hours later and a few "Extra Things" in the shopping cart we headed home to start my project.



While we there however i "expressed how i wouldn't be able to sand the wood using a regular sand paper and how an electric sander was much needed..

Here's my brand new First Power Tool EVER!!



We got Home and he started showing me how to measure out the dimensions for the Ipad holder





He did the cutting for me since i wasn't able to hold the saw and push the trigger buttons at the same time





I told him :"you know since i cant use that saw we are gonna need to get me one i can use"

him: (-_-)

Me: lets say maybe a Ryobi compound Miter saw

him: ($_$)

Me: its not that much..

Him: you really want one?

Me: uhm yeah kinda.

Him: Okay cool we will save up and invest in one!
        (power tools are his weakness!)

So we cut stained, and taped and hammered and glued.. It was actually a pretty cool time together.
I think he enjoyed it more because i have a new found passion for power tools that's probably going to come in handy next time he asks
"Uhm Angel? i saw this tool............"
(then me excitedly interrupting)
"Of course!!!!!... what are we getting?.."

He totally saved the day by cutting the wood for me, i would have been really upset had i not been able to start right away on the Ipad Holder .. (recently revised to a Kindle Fire Holder)

He's my Soldier.
He's my Warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment