Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Place of Freedom

What do you do when you find yourself in the middle of a crisis?
I used to run. 
I used to run far away.
Not physically. But emotionally and spiritually I Always did.
Guarding my heart (as if i could stop heartaches and pain from entering, you only accomplish to harden your heart, not guard it) Putting up walls, checking out, or how about behavior wise: drinking, drugs... been intoxicated is a form of running. 
But i don't seem to recall a single moment when running actually made me feel better, solve the problem, or made me a better person.. 
I recall the very opposite... 

Tonight for worship I struggled hard to get there... 
I am going to be transparent for a minute, I was struggling emotionally and spiritually. NOT Physically {for those who know that i have RA :)}
I just didn't want to go.

Like i said i WAS good Runner..

BUT against my flesh i pushed through and we made it there. Gods Grace IS sufficient when you are weak.
And im gonna boast on my weakness..

2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me"

Point A: When getting out the car i saw Jael be led by the worship music coming through the speakers and she made it to the front doors... She didnt follow us, she led us to the music, she ran up ahead.  (that ministered to me)
Point B: Family, They always greets with a smile and love. They welcome us. Yes they are probably going through something but loving Family is Important to them. Giving a smile can brighten up a heart. 
Point C: Worship, It transcends all pain hurts worries confusion depravity any lack any circumstance any crisis. His Glory is transcending. Worship leads you to his presence.. See why Jael walking up to the door following the music ministered to me??? :) Worship leads you your knees. Worship opens up your heart to him. Worship allows his Goodness and Grace fill your heart.
Point D: Praying. Praying allows for you acknowledge that He is bigger than any circumstance in your life. The prayer of a righteous man avails much.. 
Point E: Surrender, When we RUN TO HIM instead of FROM HIM, we are able to give him Everything.. everything that burdens us, everything that spoils our faith,  Everything. And then the most Glorious things Happens when We Surrender, He turns things around for His Glory..

One song stood out and touched my heart, it overwhelmed me and i couldn't contain it and tears flowed from my heart.. Everything was laid at His Feet. Everything.
Surrender. Freedom

"Theres a calm that covers me, When I kneel down at your feet,
Its a place of Healing Its a place of Freedom
Theres a place my eyes cant see, Where my spirit longs to be
Its a place of healing Its a place i live in Freedom

Im gonna LIFT my Hands Till I can REACH HEAVEN
Im gonna SHOUT YOUR NAME, till the Walls Come FALLING DOWN
Ive come to worship, Ive come to worship"
~Place of Freedom~

My crisis's may seem small in comparison to yours, in fact i Know some of y'all are dealing with much tougher and harder crisis than i ever will.
But i'm sharing this to encourage you to RUN to HIM. RUN!!! 
And Fall on your knees. Its a Place of Freedom a Place of Healing.. Its a calm that covers you.

Ive heard this saying that says 
The longest journey a man must take is the eighteen inches from his head to his heart 

Allow God to walk by your side through it all, and strengthen you.
(the story about the footsteps in the sand comes to mind <3)

If your wondering about the song i'm posting a link, Its a Beautiful song take a minute to listen

If you've never heard the story or read it ill post a link to the story about the Footprints..

God is exceedingly beautiful and giving.
He is All you need.

Lift your hands Till you can Reach Heaven... Be persistent Be relentless
Shout his Name till the walls come falling Down. Unashamed, Shout it till you cant Shout no more
We've come to worship, We've come to worship... Surrender it All To Him..

And yes thats why I can say 

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I Delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10)

1 comment:

  1. this is so beautifully written Ericka... You, my friend are such an inspiration! Luv ya so much... Keep pressing in sis

    ReplyDelete